The Federal Government recently announced the updated school guidance for the influenza season for the 2009-2010 school year.
The Key strategies of include:
1. Keep sick kids and staff home
2. The importance of washing hands
3. The importance of covering a cough.
Two major changes from the Spring 2009 guidance include:
1. The period of exclusion should be 24 hours after the fever is gone
2. School closures need to be a local decision.
The guidance also includes considerations should the virus become more virulent. They stressed:
1. The importance of remaining flexible because this continues to be an evolving situation
2. Vaccine is the strongest defense
Click here to download the government's guidelines.